Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Europe 2016, Day 4: Amsterdam to Berlin


 On my way to breakfast during my final morning in Amsterdam (May 21).

 At Amsterdam Central Station, waiting for my train to Berlin.

The view after stepping off the train at the main Berlin Train Station (Berlin Hauptbahnhof).

Berlin Hauptbahnhof is Europe's largest train station. And what a beauty!

My first meal in Berlin included very traditional German food and drink.

I took a late afternoon and early evening stroll into the western portion of Berlin (my apartment rental was in what was formerly East Berlin).  Here is my first view of the imposing Reichstag, Germany's Parliament Building.

 Front view of the Reichstag.

 Arrival at the historic Brandenburg Gate.  Brandenburg selfie!

 Next to the Brandenburg Gate: The US Embassy.

 Brandenburg Gate

 Brandenburg Gate at dusk.


 Near the Brandenburg Gate: Opportunities for a ride on a bed!

 Parliament offices spanning the Spree River.

No comments: